Sixth Form Study Programmes
St Gregory’s has a strong academic reputation at Key Stage 5. At St Gregory’s, our 16-19 study programmes are designed to provide our students with a structured and individualised learning programme that supports their development and progression in line with their future career plans.
We have high expectations of all our students in terms of their commitment to their studies and their self-motivation. We match this with a high level of support including progress tracking, intervention, mentoring and supervised study sessions. A mixture of academic and vocational qualifications is offered. Sixth form course options are discussed at the Sixth Form Information evening and there is a comprehensive induction day where students have an opportunity to discuss entry requirements with departments.
The Advanced Level Pathway
St Gregory’s offers 19 A Level Courses.
- Art – Fine Art
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- English Literature
- Further Maths
- Media Studies
- Product Design
- Religious Studies
Applied / Vocational Pathways / Technical Qualifications
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in IT
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Business
- OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Business
Students can study the following options:
- Four A level courses
- Three A levels and one vocational course
- Two vocational courses and one A Level course
- Students who have not passed GCSE English and Maths (4+) will study the course again in the Sixth Form.
- All Year 12 students have the opportunity to undertake meaningful work experience.
- All students study Core RE for one hour a week.